I picked up this desk, circa 1980-something, a few months ago for $30, maybe? I don't remember.
Ella needed a new desk. Something with drawers and enough space for crafts and general creativity, but not so big as to dominate her bedroom. My girl is surprisingly picky, too. But this one checked all the boxes, including a price tag under $50.
She requested a fresh coat of white, and new hardware, and some cool drawer paper. I convinced her to keep the legs unpainted, and she was hesitant, but loves it! She asked to keep the knee area unpainted, which I love.
We shopped for hardware for a good long time before agreeing on this combination.
The drawer paper is magical.
I wasn't 100% sold on the stag hardware, but Ella fell in love with it immediately, and it turned out better than any of the other options under consideration. I think it makes a spectacular statement right in the center. Lesson learned: listen to your kids and keep an open mind.
What a difference! This will look so cute in her room, which I will be repainting very soon. Farewell to the green and hello warm gray. This will fit right in.
1. Restoration Hardware Weathered Wood Dresser Finish by J. Burns Design
2. Santa Fe Turquoise Desk Makeover by Lynn Fern
3. Unique Painted Etagere by Just the Woods, LLC.
4. Efex Applique Table by That Sweet Tea Life
5. General Finishes Painted Armoire by Thirty Eighth Street
6. New Twist on a Traditional Desk by 58 Water Street