A farmhouse bench is a great way to enjoy dinner with your family for dinner. A farmhouse bench is a timeless piece that will make your home more welcoming. If you are planning to start on this project, here are steps to follow.
- Pine board- 1 x 4 x 96 inches and 1 x 8 x 96 inches
- Wall stud- 2 x 4 x 96 inches
- Pocket-hole screws- 1 (1/4) inch panhead
- Pocket-hole screws- 2 (1/2_ inch panhead
- Wood screws- 1 (1/4) inch
- Miter saw
- Pocket-hole jig
- Tape measure
- Wood glue
- Cut two X legs (long) to parallel with 45 degrees miters on each end. Cut 4 X legs (short) to parallel with the 45-degree miter on one end.
- Drill pocket holes (1/2 inch) at the end of the X legs (short) that were not mitered. Clamp one short leg to a long one with the hole side joining the long leg’s center. Use a wood glue and pocket screws to attach these materials. Repeat the same procedure for the other leg.
- Cut two 4-feet X stretchers (upper) from your 1×4 plank. Then, cut two X stretchers (lower) from your 2×4 plank; cut 45-degree miters on both ends.
- Attach the stretchers to complete the bench’s legs.
- Drill the pocket holes on the ends of both lower and upper stretchers.
- Lastly, add your bench top.
Instead of purchasing a costly farm bench, save some money, and do it yourself.