Cane furniture is a design that ancient Egypt had. Though this sounds ancient, there is no doubt that caning is still a trend even today. Caning projects are made using thin rattin strips that are interwoven to give a natural pattern. If you are looking to create cane headboard for your home, here are some ideas.
You will need three panels to make a headboard for your bed. So, to create you cane headboard, follow the steps below:
- Create three frames from poplar wood that fits the width of your bed.
- Staple the long side of the board to the short one at the back.
- Wrap your cane around the built frame and keep the strands secure together.
- After the first strand, attach it to your frame and begin with the next one.
- Continue the procedure until you’ve wrapped and attached about 100 strands to the frame’s back.
- Turn the whole thing 90 degrees, and in a corner, attach one strand on the back of the frame’s long side.
- Staple about nine more until you’ve secured 10 strands to the frame.
- Weave the 10 strands under and over the perpendicular strands. Do this until you reach the frame’s end, and staple.
- Apply 10 strands to the opposite side. Weave them until you’ve covered the whole frame.
- Secure the frames by reinforcing two poplar boards at the back.
Though the steps sound a bit complicated, it will be worth your time.